1. Turnadot & Sons is a small wholesaler of decorative cast iron objects. The following events, related to a special customer order, occur as described below:
• August 5, 2005: Turnadot receives the special order for 200 outdoor planters at a selling price of $50 each, including delivery at a future convenient time and location. The customer, with whom Turnadot has had a long-term, trouble-free relationship, pays $3,000 as a deposit and agrees to pay the rest on delivery. Turnadot immediately orders $4,000 worth of planters from its supplier and pays a $1,000 deposit for them.
• August 27, 2005: Turnadot pays $3,000 balance due to the supplier upon delivery of the planters to its warehouse.
• September 5, 2005: The customer calls for delivery of the planters, and pays the balance of $7,000 when they arrive at the customer site.
What is the dollar gross margin earned by Turnadot on the special order for 200 planters?
2. The next 6 questions refer to Quentin Company’s December 31, 2004 Balance Sheet.
Quentin began 2004 with the following non-current No long-term assets were purchased or sold during the year. How much amortization and depreciation expense did Quentin recordasset balances: Plant and equipment (net) $59,000; Patent (net) $28,000. No long-term assets were purchased or sold during the year. How much amortization and depreciation expense did Quentin record during 2004?
• Cannot be estimated