You will send out a professional email to an individual who is currently working in the field of community/public health requesting a 30-45 minute interview with them. You will develop three (3) questions of your own to ask them, in addition to the five (5) questions below. This interview can be in-person or over the phone. When you submit your assignment, be sure to include the three (3) questions that you developed.
Summarize their answers to each question using complete thoughts and sentences. In addition to answering the eight (8) questions (5 below + 3 of your own), include the individual’s name, job title, and organization where they work. Be sure to have a response for all questions.
Please note: Start this process early, as it may take several attempts before you find someone.
1. Tell me about your job and what you do in a typical day at work.
2. Explain some of your current projects, programs, and/or services your organization provides.
3. Do you have any degrees, and if so what are they?
4. How or why did you get into the fields of community and public health?
5. If you could give one piece of advice to a young community health professional, what would it be?
* + 3 original questions of your own you are interested in asking
You may ask questions in any order that you choose.