Upon successful completion of this assignment you will be able to:
1. Discuss management of clients experiencing acute and chronic disease states of the cardiovascular system using evidenced-based standards of practice.
2. Develop strategies to provide holistic healthcare with clients with disorders of the cardiovascular system, recognizing the patient or designee as a full partner in decision-making.
3. Critique use of advanced technical skills in care of the client with cardiovascular disease states required for the advanced practice nurse.
4. Apply evidenced-based health promotion practices for patients with cardiovascular disease states into the care of clients.
5. Design client management plans for clients with cardiovascular disease states that include appropriate community resources.
6. Address ethical-legal issues relevant to client and provider systems related to
cardiovascular disease management
? Lexicomp Software
? Course required and suggested texts
? Dunphy, L.M.,Winland-Brown, J. E., Porter, B. O., Thomas, D. J. ( 2011). Primary Care: the art and science of nursing, 3rd Edition. FA Davis Company, Philadelphia.
? Burns, C. E., Dunn, A. M., Brady, M. A., Starr, N. B., Blosser, C. G. (2013). Pediatric primary care, 5th edition. Elsevier Sanders, Philadelphia.
? Winland-Brown, J. E. & Dunphy, L. M. (2013). Adult-gerontology and family nurse practitioner certification exam review questions and strategies, 4rth edition. F.A. Davis, Philadelphia.
? Other professional sources as described in the syllabus
? High quality internet sources, such as current clinical guidelines from professional organizations or recommendations from government sources such as CDC or AHRQ. Be sure to use the section of the website for professionals, not the section for consumers
? High quality consumer websites may be used to discuss patient education information resources ONLY, not diagnostic or treatment options
? Other appropriate texts and resources, not to include undergraduate nursing texts
? See the notes on acceptable resources, found in the course introduction.
To avoid duplication, it may be useful to know that the AO Topics for this workshop are:
1. Discuss coronary artery disease, including presenting symptoms, diagnostic criteria, differential diagnoses, treatment modalities, prognosis, potential complications, patient education etc.
2. Discuss 3 congenital heart conditions commonly seen in pediatrics?discuss presentation, exam, diagnosis and potential treatment options, as well as any potential long term consequences later in childhood that a PCP would need to be aware of
3. Discuss superficial thrombophlebitis, including presenting symptoms, diagnostic criteria, differential diagnoses, treatment modalities, prognosis, potential complications, patient education etc.
4. Discuss endocarditis prophylaxis: for what conditions is it needed, for what procedures, with what agents, dosages, first line, second line etc.
5. Discuss DVT in the adult, including presenting symptoms, diagnostic criteria, differential diagnoses, treatment modalities, prognosis, potential complications, patient education etc.
6. Discuss evaluation of intermittent chest pain, from a primary care outpatient office perspective, including history, physical exam, differential diagnoses, and diagnostic testing. Assume the pain is not present at the time of the visit.
The post The Advanced Organizers (AOs) serve as a source of current information for not only the student writing the AO but the other students in the class. This helps the student completing the assignment to succinctly summarize complex evaluation and management information. It also helps the rest of the students to gain information and insight into commonly seen primary care conditions. appeared first on NURSING HOMEWORKS.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.