1. According to our textbook, many church fathers viewed the Song of Songs typologically as a picture of Christ’s love for His bride, the church.
2. ___________________ predictively refer to Christ, the anointed messianic King.
3. Historically, the most common method used in interpreting the Song of Songs was to treat the Song as an allegory of God’s love for Israel.
4. In his response to Job, God appeals to creation as a demonstration of his unfathomable wisdom.
5. According to our textbook, the _____________________ is a reoccurring theme or motif found throughout the book of Ecclesiastes.
6. The list of individuals who composed material in the Psalms includes Moses.
7. The ____________________ are expressions of trust in the Lord and praise to the Lord for the security He provides to those who trust in Him.
8. The Proverbs tell us how to live life successfully.
9. Bildad, one of Job’s three friends, suggests that God may use suffering as a means to
keep men from sin, to chastise, and to maintain a healthy degree of reverence before the Almighty.
10. Job states his faith in the resurrection when he says: “I know that my redeemer
lives…And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.”
11. The _____________ are prayers of extreme emotion and anger calling on God to bring severe judgment on the enemies of God and the psalmist.
12. According to our textbook, the _____________________ is a reoccurring theme or motif found throughout the book of Ecclesiastes.
13. The __________ focus on the Lord’s kingdom rule over His creation.
14. According to our textbook, _________________ is one of the more popular topics in the book of Proverbs.
15. In the second cosmic test in the book of Job, the Lord allows Satan to take Job’s health, but he must preserve Job’s life.
16. The psalms are divided into _____________ books.
17. “Pride comes before destruction, and an arrogant spirit before a fall.” (Prov. 16:18) is an example of
18. In a general sense the proverbs can be grouped into two major forms. One of these forms is
19. The list of individuals who composed material in the Psalms includes Saul.
20. According to our textbook, Job’s three friends are commended for their companionship but are condemned for their false accusations and misguided theology.
21. In the __________________, the psalmist confesses his sin and prays for the Lord’s forgiveness and restoration.
22. Job accuses God of prejudice and curses the day of his birth.
23. According to our textbook, the value of _______________ is a reoccurring theme or motif found throughout the book of Ecclesiastes.
24. The book of Proverbs consistently presents the sluggard as a fool and the diligent person as wise.
25. Proverbs are typically based on education and knowledge.
26. The book of Job concludes with God prospering Job once again and blessing him with twice the wealth.
27. The Proverbs are wise sayings that express deep truths in capsule form.
28. In Proverbs child-rearing is a family affair but discipline begins with the individual.